Virtual Swap Meet
The MWAX virtual swap meet is not available for dealers. The MWAX virtual swap meet is ONLY for swapping Hi Fi & Vintage audio equipment.
- Give each item as complete and accurate a description as possible. Be sure to note cosmetic flaws, such as nicks, scratches, rack marks, or chips. Point out if anything is missing that a buyer might naturally expect to receive with the item (i.e. manuals, cables, accessories, etc.). Make sure you know the exact model number or version, if applicable.
- Include a detailed photo of the item you are offering to swap.
- Make sure you and your swap partner are clear about exactly how much money (if any) is changing hands and the method of payment.
- Insure the shipment for loss and damage with the shipping carrier. Make sure the insured amount is appropriate.
- Pack the item safely and securely.
- Send an e-mail to your swap partner specifying the terms of the swap. Don’t ship your item until you receive a confirmation that your swap partner agrees with the terms of the proposed swap.
- Follow up with your swap partner to make sure everything arrived on time and satisfactorily.
Personalized Consignment Service & Detailed Appraisal Service
Please use our contact us form for information about our Personalized Consignment Service and our Detailed Appraisal Service.
White Glove Inspection, Evaluation Service
After you agree on a deal with a registered Swap Meet member this optional service will insure the equipment you receive is what you expected and agreed on. Both members ship their equipment to MWAX secured shipping facility. We will inspect the equipment and audition them in our Tube and Solid State reference systems. If the equipment matches the description posted in the swap meet we promptly ship the equipment to you. If for some reason there is an issue with the equipment, that you were not made aware of, you have several options;
- Cancel the deal. We send the equipment back to you. No harm – no foul.
- Restructure the deal.
- Have our certified vintage audio tech diagnose the issue and give you a detailed description of the problem. Our tech can give you the average cost to repair the problem. (your local repair shops rates may differ from our rate)
- Our tech can repair the equipment to the agreed upon or swap meet listing condition so you can consummate the deal.
The Inspection / Evaluation Service fee is only $25. You will pay a discounted shipping rate to send your equipment to MWAX. After the inspection is completed you can take advantage of our discounted shipping rates with UPS, FedEx or the USPS and we will securely pack & ship the equipment to you.
If there is money involved in the swap. MWAX will ship the equipment after both parties verify that the money has been received!